As you gain weight, the size and volume of fat cells in your body also increase. This results in the formation of pockets of fat in different body areas. While some people can lose this stubborn fat through lifestyle changes, some may not experience any benefit at all. If you feel like your body fat doesn’t respond to diet and exercise, you may want to consider liposuction. By removing unwanted fat deposits, the procedure achieves a better body contour. Please check our liposuction photos of actual patients at Dr Laniewski clinic in Sydney.
We recommend that you consult with our plastic surgeon Dr Laniewski to determine if the procedure can help achieve your cosmetic and health goals. During your consultation, he will conduct a full health assessment. This allows him to create a treatment plan that is specific to your needs.
The procedure may be suitable for you if:
- You are willing to commit to a healthy lifestyle after your procedure.
- You don’t have a medical condition that can increase your risk of bleeding.
- You don’t smoke.
- You have a stable weight.
- You have firm, elastic skin.
- You have realistic expectations and a positive outlook.
- You have stubborn fat in your abdomen, arms, thighs, buttocks, neck, or chin.
- Your body fat does not respond to proper diet and regular exercise.
During your consultation, we will determine the best liposuction method for your body type. Depending on your condition and the surgeon’s preferences, you can undergo one of the following:
- Laser-assisted liposuction: It makes use of a special type of laser to liquefy the fat.
- Tumescent liposuction: It involves the insertion of a small tube attached to a powerful suction to remove fat.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction: It makes use of sound waves to liquefy the fat in the target area.
Things to keep in mind before liposuction
Before deciding to undergo liposuction, there are some important things that you should know:
- It can only remove 3 to 4 litres of fat.
- It cannot remove excess skin.
- It’s not a substitute for weight loss.
- The procedure cannot correct skin dimpling.
- You still need to maintain a healthy weight after the procedure.
Now after you’ve checked liposuction photos of one of the finest Sydney’s plastic surgeons, please visit our main liposuction page, or contact us and schedule an appointment with Dr Laniewski.