Blepharoplasty – Post Op Instructions
- No Aspirin, Ibuprofen or any medications or herbal supplements that may
increase bleeding for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery.
- Swelling and bruising will occur at the site of surgery for up to a week and sometimes longer. ice packs or cold compresses applied to your eyes can help reduce swelling.
- You may experience mild pain, discomfort and numbness.
- Sutures will be removed one week following surgery.
- Avoid straining, heavy lifting, swimming and strenuous activity for one week following surgery.
- Wear sunglasses to protect the skin of your eyelids from the sun and wind for a week following surgery.
- Sleep with your head raised higher than your chest for a week following surgery.
- Heal light is highly recommended three times a week or at least two times a week for 4 — 5 weeks.
- A post op appointment will be scheduled for one week following surgery with Dr Laniewski in his rooms.