It can be disheartening for anyone to be told that they have a harsh, stern or angry-looking appearance. Particularly when in actuality they have a friendly and happy disposition. Often, the misunderstanding is due to the presence of a heavy brow resulting in forehead furrows or skin that has an impact on the appearance of the eyes. As we age, the brow can descend and result in the face looking heavy, tired or permanently stern.
A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift, is a surgical solution that will result in a more youthful and relaxed appearance. A brow lift will not be able to remove wrinkles on the forehead, as these are the result of actions of the muscles in the forehead.
A prominent and drooping brow can be the result of genetics, over-active forehead muscles, stress, and exposure to environmental factors such as harsh sunshine. Even the constant glare from the water can take a toll on your brow.
A brow lift will improve appearance in a number of ways:
- Reducing horizontal wrinkle lines on the forehead
- Improving and reducing frown lines between the eyebrows
- Removing lines from the bridge of the nose
- Raising hooded and sagging skin above the eyelids
- Creating a more youthful and alert appearance