Hormonal changes, weight gain, genetics, and the use of certain medications can cause gynaecomastia. This condition is characterized by excessive breast enlargement in men. It can develop in one or both breasts and it can result in breast sagging. While enlarged breasts are usually harmless, it can affect a man’s self-esteem and quality of life. A male breast reduction corrects this breast condition by removing excess fat, skin, and tissue. This surgery does not only achieve a flatter and firmer chest but it also boosts a man’s self-confidence. Our male breast reduction photos show real results of patients at Dr Laniewski clinic in Sydney.
The best way for you to know if you are a good fit for the surgery is to consult with one of our highly trained surgeons. In general, you are a potential candidate if:
- You are not taking medications that can cause bleeding.
- You are self-conscious about the unusual appearance of your breasts.
- You are suffering from breast tenderness and soreness.
- You don’t smoke.
- You have a stable weight.
- You have enlarged breasts that do not respond to proper diet and regular exercise.
- You have fully developed breasts.
- You have realistic expectations.
- Your breast condition does not respond to alternative medical treatments.
How a male breast reduction surgery is performed
For your comfort, Dr Laniewski will administer local or general anaesthesia. Once your skin is numb, he will make a small cut on each side of your chest. Through these cuts, Dr Laniewski will insert a small, thin tube that is connected to a powerful suction. This procedure is called liposuction and removes the fat from your breasts. To achieve a more masculine appearance, Dr Laniewski will remove excess skin and tissue from your breasts. Once the desired amount of fat, skin, and tissue is removed, he will reposition your nipple and areola. Next, our plastic surgeon will use sutures to close the incisions. A sterile dressing will be then placed over your surgical wounds. Depending on your breast condition and desired results, the surgery can take 1 to 3 hours to complete.